My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Ski

I am so wondering about these Chinese people. It seems to me they have no sense about time, appointment, commitment, responsibility and so on.
There was a Ski trip arranged by 7 Chinese guys today. Yesterday, we had a horrible snow storm in St. John‚’s with more than half meter snow. Because of the wind, snow in some directions tend to have more than 2 meter height(e.g. in front of my house), and there was a warning for blizzard for today. They didn't cancel the trip and the appointment was 6:30 in the morning somewhere which is 20 mins walk far from my place. In the snow it took me 35 mins to get there and there were some other poor students and the trip canceled officially by telephone call not even with presence at 7 am. I don't really know what to say.
I don't like to discriminate people with their nationality. If I do so I wouldn't be in a good cultured group either. I'm just trying to give my experience. Never trust a fully Chinese organization. They will disappoint you.
--------------------------------
I know an exceptional one. There is a Chinese guy who seems to be the only person who cares about my thesis and report. I sent him the first draft of my report and asked him to revise it and he read all the report although he was very busy with his presentation and he made comments almost about every paragraph. I'm so thankful. He also gave a big compliment about my thesis which was sweet.
--------------------------------
Why people live here in this crazy weather. I cannot understand. They have no idea how life could be better in a good weather condition. It is insane to stay when they have other options which they mostly have.
--------------------------------
The day started with a raspberry, but an hour later sweetened with a simple note of a friend :D

7 Comments:

  • At 2:06 AM, Blogger Dr O2 said…

    Well I haven got a bad experience with chinese as I had a good chinese friend back in the states. Yet unreliable people are present in all nations & cultures. However I do agree that in some nations it tends to be more frequent.

    Kimia, take it easy! We know that nth is perfectly arranged unless we do it ourselves ;-) take care...

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really don't agree with you Kimia. Being a leader is not very easy, it's worse in the north weather. I know so many stupid chinese, but I know so many great ones. Just like so many stupid Persian that I know and a few lovely Persian people who are suffering among the others.
    I know it had been disapointing, but be fair, it has nothing to do with being Chinese. You, racist! :D

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    kimia , it is nothing about chinese. It is all about people who don't know how to organize the event. so be carefull , or i will send hundreds of chinses to u office everyday !

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Kimia said…

    Omid, I know nth is perfectly arranged even if we do it ourselves cause there will be some people who promise to come and don't show up. I tried to eliminate those friends who didn't know time and responsibility from my plans, nobody remained for me :)

    Hey Sarrra, you are supposed to keep my side even if I say something wrong ;) ok I know you are right, only this time.

    Kel, don't threaten me and don't underestimate me. We already had a Chinese officemate whom we put him to flight ;)

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Alireza said…

    avoid 2 group of people, I mean by avoiding be careful, I realized that after many years being in Canada: Chinese and Indian! (I think that is half population of Canada, though:))
    p.s. can I add your link to my links?:)

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Kimia said…

    Would you do that please? :D

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Yousef said…

    First of all, I don't think it's nice to stereotype the way you did. In a multi-cultural community such as ours you have to be careful (politically correct)otherwise some airheads will give you labels for what you say.

    Second, what I mostly see is lack of communication. We also discussed this a while ago. Apparently you and your friends need to have/develop better means of communicating, otherwise you'd be expecting people to act a certain way that THEY aren't even aware of.

    Third, I recommend that you don't take what happened on your ski trip cause you will find that skiing is indeed one of the reasons people live in such weather condiditons.

    Fourth, quit whining about the weather. I don't know if you could have survived here even for one week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home