My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Monday, February 20, 2006

O Canada, Why are you doing this?

My parents had been planning to come to Canada during Norooz vacation for three weeks. Well it's cold here, but they don't have this much free time on summer, so the only time for traveling even to Canada is Norooz.

There should be an interview to assess the case if they have honor to enter their freezing country in winter.
My mother should stay out and they only interviewed with my father.

Questionnaire:

Why do you want to go there? Visit our daughters

What are they doing? Studying

Do they have monthly salary? Yes, they have scholarships.

Do you have any other family there? Yes, my wife’s niece. She is working in x-company.

Who is going to support you? I, myself; I have this much money in my bank account.

How long do you want to stay there? 3 weeks

We can not give you Visa permit. Sorry about that.


All the questions had been in the form they had filled. No matter what you answer, they only want to reject.

Last year I had been in Sweden; I was eating from my father’s pocket. I didn’t have any identification there and I invited them to Sweden and they got Visa easily and we had that great New Year together and they came back after three weeks.

I haven’t missed my parents, but when I remember it’s not possible if I want to see them or they want to see me, I feel like I’m in prison or they are in prison.

I don’t know how much it is worth to stay here. Heli is completely sure, but I still have doubt.

My mother was really sad; I know her; she is like me. She had been dreaming for a few months. She was trying to convince me that she is not sad, so she said: ”We can’t only come to see our children while there are some people in real prisons that they have been accused, hit and also they can not see their family.“

8 Comments:

  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Hydra said…

    Hell! I thouht canada was different. Don't worry. Go to Iran in summer and you get to see your whole family.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger jarvenpa said…

    Kimia, this is outrageous. I am sorry for your family's disappointment--can you visit Iran in summer as hydra suggests? I would think the expenses would be big--but maybe??

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Kimia said…

    I will if they pay ;) Well, I'm affraid if I exit Canada I couldn't get in again :) that's another problem. Anyways, I'm still considered as a lucky girl in this world.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you can see the world between the rods, I cannot see anything, the wall of my prison is bricky. Don't doubt, you are lucky.

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Blogger Alireza said…

    I am sorry about that:( I trully don't get this. hopfully that will change.
    good luck.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kimia and other fellows

    it,s could in everywhere, even in London, but i found a stupid book- called Illegal Dating, which has written by a stranger after he visited to Iran. it keeps me warm, even hotter than i need in this could weather. i said stupid but frankly speaking i liked his aproach of telling the story of this bleeding nation.
    i recomend all of you, who feel could and those who miss Iran, it will be treatment for all of such ilness.

     
  • At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is say " everything happening to us, it is a result of our actions". See what Iranians and other moslems did and then you understand why they do not give visa. They are essentially too kind if we look from their viewpoint and they are indeed! Canadians are great people very loving and kind!

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel deep empathy for your mom.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home