My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The annoying project

I think it's the time to get anxious and work harder. Why am I like this? I rest, relax and work slowly; I put everything prior to my job, then when the deadline comes I can't sleep because I feel uneasy, and I even dream of my project and problems, so no good rest during the night.

Finally, I start to write what I have done over the past five months. I tried to be super organized, but now that I've started writing I realize that I have lost some references and files. In every project, there are new experiences. Should I like to become a professional researcher, I must start writing simultaneously with doing research.

I spend more time on checking the word count than writing itself, and just like when I was in highschool, in the middle of writing, I do dream of the minute I'm done with my presentation.

22 pages so far :D

6 Comments:

  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Yousef said…

    Don't be hard on yourself. All of us do it. Deadline means DEAD passed the line. Though, except for a few, every body is almost DEAD right BEFORE the line.

    You're right about the writing part. You have to write stuff with every step you take. It helps. In the end a lot of it may look irrelevant but at least, ommiting is much easier than creating the stuff.

    Go Kimi! Go!

     
  • At 2:33 AM, Blogger jarvenpa said…

    Yes, onward, Kimia! Everyone gets anxious before a big project or test or performance. Sometimes I think that anxiety helps make a better project (or performance) as long as it doesn't totally drive you nuts.
    A page at a time...and soon you'll be there!

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger Dr O2 said…

    Hey Kimai. Don worry much abt it. This is in Iranian blood to leave it to the last second ;-) we all do that I guess. Good example: the PEYK-E-SHADI which was never done before the last day ;-)

    don worry, relax & keep the faith... good luck.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Frank said…

    Good luck with your presentation and I hope you reach to your dream page hopefully;)

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    pedram::
    kimia, just keep going.most of us are like you. try your best to concentrate on what you have done to write efficiently. try to explain everything in the discussion and results section. becasue based on my experience, professors don't mind your literature review part a lot. they know more than you. the important part is your result and the way you explain any you understood the facts.
    cheers,

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can relate to this, I also have things that I wont to untill it is almost to late. Doesnt work though cuz the stuff that needs doing just piles up so in the end it'll just feel like mroe work. Spreading it out is less stressfull

     

Post a Comment

<< Home