My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Cold water on the fire

Another social dance party means a week full of waiting moments before and a week full of songs and moves review after.

Last night, we had an amazing night which I was enjoying seemingly too much. Most of my friends were around me who I believe they were the prettiest girls of the party; I was proud. I had a comfortable suitable dress on and I’d made up my face patiently. I took a light drink before the party, and I had this partner of mine beside me who looked good as well and could dance the way I like and make me dance the way I please. Everything was perfect. I am an easy-becoming-happy girl.

When ¾ time of the dancing party passed, he told me inattentively that I’m leaving with my friends. It was a pure notice, not even a question. The thing that he left is not important but the way he act seemed like nothing is less important than keeping your accompany, even going to a pub that can be happen anytime; He left me behind in the party without partner. This happened while I was thinking that’s a great luck for me that my partner is enjoying this dancing like me. He never hided his feeling, though I forgot the other side of the coin. He might fake his feeling. (This is what he reminded me).

This was offensive for me. I don’t think I’m expecting too much. We are not close friends; the only plan we have together is this one hour per week dancing class and two dancing parties in the whole semester. If he wants to prefer his friends even on this limited time, nothing would remain between us and I’m not gonna appreciate his friendship anymore.


A big freeze happened to me. I’m not reviewing any move or song of last night. I’m not excited to think about it but upset, so I guess I should sleep on it to decide how to react. It’s hard for me to give up dancing with him, yet I don’t want to stay in the position people could ignore me.


P.S. I have an evil eye on my own stuffs.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger Dr O2 said…

    Well I guess I would have also been offended but perhaps some of it is related to the unknown factors & the reasons he might have had which are yet unclear. Give it time for a better judgement.

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i am pretty sure u partner didn't do it on purpose.the reason is that u only dance with him and never try to understand him. He has been through lots of trouble recently. he looks happy , he is not.
    He already ignore his freinds for almost 2 months. That night is the first night they asked him to go to bar. He can't refuse. He won't care dancing with u until end. However you have lots of u friends there too. He thought you won't feel lonely.
    If you didn't have any freinds in that party , he won't leave for sure.
    Also i am sure he felt high that night and forgot to tell you the reason he left.
    I think he already consider u as a close friend. That's the reason why he told u some secret. Only two people know how that love story starts and how it end.
    so why one sad person is mad about another sad person ? they both need to be happy and forget some small stuff.

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oorogaye abashoba !

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger jarvenpa said…

    Hmmmm. Sounds like kel has the inside story here, Kimia. Maybe you should give it a little time and be a little forgiving. But I would have been very mad, myself, so who am I to give advice?

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Hydra said…

    Well, I can't be a relationship advisor myself now... So I pass for now. But try to get rid of your Chris de Burgh albums anyway... ;)

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Kimia said…

    Hi Hydra :D Welcome back ... I got rid of all of them once you suggested first time :) It works, so you are a good advisor; take care of youself too :)

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Kimia said…

    :) I completely cooled down after I wrote it. You are right; time does magic.

    Kel, I didn't feel lonely. I didn't miss any song after he left. But this doesn't change anything. Staying in the party until the end was his commitment to me. If he wanted to break it he had to explain, apologize or question (that’s what I would do) otherwise it is offensive. No matter what the background is. Keep this advice dealing with your own partner, and good luck with that :)

    Sara and Jarvenpa :D I enjoyed your understanding. Guys can hardly manage to understand such things :) our Doc is a genius though.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Hydra said…

    :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home