My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Friday, December 23, 2005

Recent days

I have been busy these recent days; I couldn't even open my blog to see what is going on; now that I'm not that much busy, I have a lot of subjects in my brain to write about; every subject must be written once it came; after days, it will be outdated.

I was making a weblog for a friend. He has been a good friend of mine back home who made a very lovely album for me full of my friends' notes and pictures when I left Iran 18 months ago to Sweden. The album is the sweetest gift I have ever received, and it's like my holy bible which whenever I feel weak and low self-confident, I go directly to it to review the nice sentences that my friends wrote about me, and become as strong as possible :)
This friend came to Canada last week, and I was thinking how I can do something for him when I am this much far. I thought that I can make a community in Orkut, and let his friends to make notes for him, but the problem was that the Orkut is blocked in Iran. Finally, his brother came up with a genius idea of making a blog for him. Then, I start to make it. His brother and his close friend have been responsible for finding his friends, and I was responsible to type or add the notes and pictures in blog. I think the result was very nice. I liked it although all the time I had this bad feeling bothering me that he is not gonna appreciate it that much. I don't know why. Maybe because I was thinking that the idea was a stolen idea of him, but everybody knows that wherever the idea came from, it doesn't matter; the result is gonna be so sweet; cause it's about friends and friendship.

I don't like to travel alone. Alright, if nobody wants to accompany, at least buy me a laptop, then I promise I wouldn't feel any pain when the flight has 3 hours delay. Actually, I like a Laptop better than you as my company. Now, listen to my sister's version. I like to travel alone. Alright, if you want to go with me, that's ok, but at least don't make me to carry my laptop in a long trip. I can not walk around because It's heavy; I can not sleep because this damn laptop might be stolen. It's obvious that we are from the same family.

I missed seeing buildings and traffics and people. Now, that I'm in a city as big as home city, I feel regret to live in a village.

I saw my sister's boyfriend for the first time. He is a tall, smart, extremely funny Russian guy who pronounces most of the "TH" as "Z". I liked him. I was always wondering how my sister feels about my boyfriend. Now, I can imagine that how much she could like him. It's very nice to see loving couple and even more nice when one of them is your dear. I felt very close to him, like I know him for a long time. I can trust him, like him and enjoy being with him as well. It's easy.

I enjoyed seeing my Badminton playing partners when they all had their green name-sewn Christmas gift T-shirt on in the last game of 2005. I liked them, but it was sad for me that I knew this is my closest distance to them, and it's the end for me and them. Friendship is sometimes so hard. There are some people that you can not get close to them whatever you do, and you clearly see that the friendship has no depth, no cares running around. There are simple needs that keep you close to them, and you will lose them instantly when the need is gone.

I missed my friends' weblogs.

9 Comments:

  • At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no , kimia. what you are tlking about. we are friends ! you think too much . Actually tell u some truth. both chen and myself have some personal issues recently. We are not in the mood of badminton at all. ONLY because of you , we all made it ! We both think if it were not for you , we won't even go there !
    We are missing u in st johns. Yesterday chen , hongbin and I went to see a movie "The memory of Geisha". We were even talking about u. We wish you come back soon and we can play again !!!!!!

    Merry Xmas !

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry i forgot to leave my name , KELVIN :)

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Dr O2 said…

    somehow frienships formed earlier in life seem to be stronger!!! Over the 7 years I spent in Uni I only have 3 people I can call friends out of the hundreds I know...

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Dr O2 said…

    by the way nice to C U back & merry x-mas.

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger Kimia said…

    Hej Buddy, I'm sorry that I felt this way. Ofcourse, we are friends. It's just about big differences between us. Different language, culture, interests and hobbies and the most important low level of flexibility in all of us. Maybe we are all already satisfied with our Iranian and Chinese friends that's why we are not willing to change. Remember, I am not complaining about anything. Maybe it's a good way to keep being friends; stay further, remain longer.
    You know that I appreciate whatever three of you did for me :)

    It's true Doc. I'm affraid that I'm far away from my close friends. Making good friends becomes really hard when you get older.

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger jarvenpa said…

    Ah, Kimia--there are all sorts of friendships, may you be blessed with some of the deep and long lasting ones, and also enjoy those ones that seem merely accidental and temporary. I moved around a lot in my early years, and was always missing friends I'd made and lost. I've had my share of casual friends--but it seems in each period of my life there are some treasures, and some dear connections.
    For me it is not about how many but how dear.
    Of course it has helped that since young adulthood I was able to settle in one region, where my children were born and long term friends were met, & kept.

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Blogger Dr O2 said…

    yeah it really becomes tougher to make friends as age rocketts high...

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Hydra said…

    what's the definition of "friend"? when can we call someone our "friend"?

    "There are simple needs that keep you close to them, and you will lose them instantly when the need is gone."

    I don't think that this is particularly true only for those kinds of friendships you are talking about. Deeper friedships satisfy deeper needs. Behind every human affection, there is a "selfish" need.

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Kimia said…

    For me has been the same. Always missing and losing friends is the hardest part of any of my movement to new place, new job, new situation and new country.

    maybe friendship's definition is what I said but you know sometimes you see some people that you like them, but hardly you can find a need to keep them long as a friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home