My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Friday, December 16, 2005

Swindling

I planned to go to Toronto for Christmas holidays. For the first time in my life I programmed my trip 2 months sooner to get better fare. I went to an agency mid October to buy the ticket.
She checked all the possibilities, and she gave me Three prices which was 520$, 480$ and 430$ which was in 21 December. I wished to go to Toronto a little later like 23th, but I chose the last one because of the price. I was completely happy with my ticket.
Why I went to agency? I didn't have credit card on that time. Why I didn't ask friends? I don't know.

Today, a friend checked the fares for that date. There is a direct flight to Toronto 80$ less than my ticket which has stop on Halifax. Then, we discovered that 30$ is the difference between flights and travel agency has charged me 50$ which is about 12% of the ticket price.

This is a combination of my stupidity and their charlatan(ity). I'm not stingy or maybe I am, but I always feel very angry when I could reduce my expenses somehow, but I didn't for some reasons.

I think they should have told me that they are extra charging me. They just said that the price is 430$ they didn't mention 50 bucks is because you don't have credit card. Normally, they are supposed to give the costumer the details of the costs before getting money. It is the last time I went there, and I do my best to guide people around me not go there. A business which can keep any costumer just for once shall not survive long.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Hydra said…

    Don't worry about it. I'm sure we all make mistakes like that. I do, anyway. happy holidays.

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Frank said…

    I thought that mostly in third world countries,swindling and cheating exceeds but no matter where you are if you don't gather enough info on a subject, you would probably be ripped off.
    Don't worry and chalk it up to your experience.Better luck NEXT time;)

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    take it easy , kimia. That sucks , i know. But don't let it ruin ur holiday fun !

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Dr O2 said…

    Ah and I though it was only here these things were defined!!!

    Kimia always gained experiences work best for the next occasions. (but I admit that was a big price to pay for it)

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Vicente Rodrigo said…

    When I travel for holidays, I often wait the last seconds and I use to buy it very cheap, but I run a lot of risks sometimes could'nt find fly so don't worry if you have payed a little more money it doesn't matter the most important think is that you have your ticket and you are going to spend a very good time in Toronto.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Kimia said…

    Hi friends :)
    In improved countries which everything has different deals it is more complicated to avoid to be ripped off. I guess their benefit in their deals is only from those people who doesn't know the exact rules otherwise the deals are sometimes very good!
    International tickets is better to be bought sooner but inside the country last minute is mostly the best deal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home