My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Liar Liar

My officemate corrects my Emails to the companies I'm applying for job. This correction goes like this: He uses Ctrl+a following Del key, and then he writes all over again. Sometimes I need to use dictionary to understand what he wrote. Anyway, I did not get any answer from my low English letters but I got a few answers from his letters.
One of the companies asked me for references and then asked for a formal interview. I tried to explain him I cannot get into US easily, so he called me today. Not for an interview but to ask a few questions. Then he told me your English in your letters is so good and how long have you been here? I explained and I said thank you for your compliment but I don't think that it's good. "I do" he said.

Sometimes, there is no difference between hiding and lying.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:38 AM, Blogger Spyder said…

    that last line. I'll be quote'n from time to time

     
  • At 4:23 AM, Blogger Alireza said…

    Kimia jan, many well wishes to you and your loved ones. hope this coming new year fills with love and sucess as you have wished for:)

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Frank said…

    Kimia Khanoom:
    I'd like to wish you and your family all the best for this new year. Happy happy new year

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Hydra said…

    Dear Kimia,

    aval az hame, sale no mobarak, omidvaram ke sale khubi dashte bashi por az khoshhali, salamti va movafaghiat.

    second, I think you're not the only liar. I think a lotta people have friends write their letters or copy a format from the internet. (btw, i'm not talking about myself).

    third, I wrote you a big response on my blog. cheers ;)

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Dr O2 said…

    but the worls needs a bit of both ;-) hiding & lying...

    Kimia wish U a very successful nu year to come.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home