My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Conditioned Kimi


Last night, I had a severe headache. Sometimes, I act very weak against any pain and I lose my patience and start to drop balls of tears, walking around the room, groaning and wriggling in pain. No way I can lie down and wait patiently until the medicine releases the pain. I used to awake my mum when the pain came to me in the middle of the night; she knew how to cure me. The most effective way was when she was caressing my forehead and saying prayers. Last night, I only did the prayer part. Sometimes, I am strong; no pain can make me miserable.

I thought of something last night. I used to recall my ex-boyfriend every time I see a perfect scene, a sweet smell, a sky full of stars or a complete moon, sunrise and sundown, a love song or any beauty. Now, I wept and had headache so much because of him that last night in the middle of the pain I recalled him. I am conditioned to pain as a reminder of him. God never make me a reminder of pain to anybody.


My cooking feats:

Today I cooked “Aash Maash” which is a kind of soup with chickling vetch. It was gorgeous (as my landlady said). Did you know that gorgeous can be used for a food? I didn’t know; I thought it can only be used for a cute guy. Btw, can it be?

A few days back I cooked “Zereshk polo ba morgh” which is barberry with rice and chicken. I forgot to add sugar in barberry and it was so sour. I never forget again.

I finally found fresh lamb shank in supermarket for the first time so you can guess that I had a very good dish of “baghali polo and mahiche” which is Limabean and rice with lamb. I don’t know why these Canadian people don’t eat lamb.















By the way, I had a haircut. I recommend the movie “Take the lead” to those who like ballroom dancing and Antonio Banderas. I enjoyed. For those who are not familiar with me I must say I got bored seeing Lord of the Ring and Harry potter and disgusted seeing King Kong. I know I know something is wrong with me.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:00 AM, Blogger Alireza said…

    ok, prayers for head ache! while holding your forehead! I would not make any comment on that! may the force help you:)
    the rest is completely normal. That is why I like Europeans, they now valu of a good dish. by the way, people in Alberta like lamb:)
    I loved that movie take the lead:)
    bone appetite:)

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Dr O2 said…

    ah!! U & yr cooking of my favorite dishes. Comes to think of it I am adicted to Persian food yet I am to watch my weight tightly :-S

    Kimia jan don' relate pain with past time memories & condemn yrself into bearing them ;-) I always think things not worked out were just not meant to be & get over them... Painkiller+sleep will do U fine.

    P.S: Nice artistic photo!!

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Tones And Echoes said…

    Thank God someone is writing about tears. I don’t know what it is but I have heard so many people talking about dismal tearfulness. My mother told me that the cure to nighttime anguish is washing the kitchen floor. I can’t personally vouch for this but I know that she is an incredible person who has seen so much and just keeps on keeping on. (P.S.: I went to The Lord of the Rings on a date and if I’m not mistaken, I walked out and the Harry Potter movie put me asleep in the same place as the book caused me to close it. I don’t really understand all the excitement about these best sellers. True, maybe I didn’t give them a chance but…our world is so full of opportunity, choosing our opportunities is the real challenge.)

    I love the photo and I am thinking of asking my current partner (who I’d love to be my last but we can never control these things) to go to ballroom dance lessons. He seems somewhat ready, but that was six months ago.

    In closing I’ll say it’s nice to make your acquaintance and trust I’ll be back again.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Kimia said…

    Alireza, try it once you'll have comments on this then ;)

    Hey, doc. Well, this time I had headache because I took shower under the rain for two hours. It was not related to any past event :) however it was funny that I, like Pavlov's dog who salivated when he heard the sound of the ring, remembered him while having headache.
    I don't think I deserve any other pain on this subject. I am over it. "Somehow"

    FrenchIndian, I am glad to see you here: D This having the same idea about Lord of the ring and Harry potter gives me confidence because everywhere I am afraid to say how I feel about these type of movies and books! Everybody is so interested! Nobody keeps my side :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home