My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Monday, November 06, 2006

Yes, employed

The longest week ever has finally passed and I am in my first official weekend. That feels good.

Every city has its own system. I can't find a house or an apartment in Houma to rent with my experience in Gothenburg, St.john's or Tehran. I am disappointed to be able to find a decent apartment here. There is nothing.

I got my first check and I put it under my pillow as a friend of mine suggested. He said it takes a week to be doubled and I was so proud of him because he asked me if I am happy instead of asking the value of my check. I hate when people even the closest ones like my mom ask my salary. She never does though. I mean it’s a very personal question; I never dare to ask anybody. Even when they ask mine I am shy to ask them back or to say it’s not any of your business. I would tell if I wanted to. It’s kind of funny and I hate to say that it’s all about Iranians but when I said I found a job to any of my friends if my salary wasn’t the first question, it was definitely the second one.

Anyways, I bought a bunch of flowers for my land lady. No more people are around to celebrate with. I wish I could buy something for my parents.

My boss gave me a task which I really didn’t think it was easy but then he smiled at me and said:”You are still in kindergarten, babe, but we are gonna get you out of it”.

I attended to the mass this morning and I should confess that all religious ceremonies are extremely similar and stupid.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    یک مدل هم اینه که حقوق آدم رو می‌پرسن ولی بعد که از خودشون بپرسی جواب نمی‌دن
    :)

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Alireza said…

    welcome to the real corporate world!! good luck!

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Kimia said…

    That burns ;)

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Younes said…

    well, it has nothing to do with Iranians,(asking questions regarding your finances) I have seen it everyday since the day I left Iran,
    I guess, people in similar situations grant the right for themselves to ask you the qustion. By the same token,
    If you are being asked from a non-Iranian, you can divert or just not answer the question and everything would be fine, it's only the Iranian case that oneside or bothsides feel awkward afterwards. I I mean, your being Iranian has made this problem a big deal for you. (It's more of a big deal for me though ;))

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Yousef said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Kimia said…

    I believe you are right about the end sentence but if I were a full Iranian I wouldn't have any problem to scape this question.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats , kimia. I knew you can do it. In my memories , you always are pretty , smart , indepentdent and very brave girl. I think I do learn something from you . good luck !

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Kimia said…

    Hi Kel :)Thanks for coming by .. It was very unfortunate that I couldn't manage to meet you in st. john's. It was too short.. I hope you come to visit some time; I promise to take you to dance :D
    Thanks for the compliments :D you are my compliment-mate ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home