My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New place

I moved to a new place. After visiting 20 places I chose one and now I don’t say I regret but still not satisfied.

Here is an apartment with three bedrooms and I share with two Canadian people: A girl almost the same age as me and a gigantic boy few years younger than me.

My bedroom is very nice; it has a big walk in closet and several drawers that I love, but the window has matte glass which I hate. It was covered by curtain when I first saw the place. The TV channels are fewer than my previous place, yet it’s not a big problem. The worst part is the bathroom. Oh god, I am so stupid with my choice. The bathroom sink has two taps. One is warm and the other is cold with two different exits. So I should burn or freeze, nothing in the middle. That really sucks. I hate all the British designers. The water pressure of the shower is low. Today, it took 15 minutes to wash my hair.

I have not yet talked that much with my roommates but I have good feelings about them. The girl is not talky which is a good point, and I saw the boy for the first time last night, and he came in and said hello and shared the most exciting event of his day with me. He didn’t even ask my name and neither did I, but still it was a warm introduction. I will write about them when I know more.

By the way, a good point of this new place is a hard double size bed. I am afraid not to be able to balance myself in single size bed later. I sure will fall down.

7 Comments:

  • At 5:43 AM, Blogger Alireza said…

    ok, about many things I have heard I make no comment! however, one thing janam, why do you need to wash your hair? shave it babam jan! shave it! it works, no waste of time! quick and easy!

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Dr O2 said…

    Low pressure showers are big problems for me! I am so used to our superb high pressure shower that whenever at a hotel or anywhere else I take a shower I feel uneasy :-)

    Yet the good point is the closet! I enjoy real big ones which one can hide inside ;-)

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger Kimia said…

    I guess you are right; my hair isn't worth washing. Even when it's washed it looks like a hank of wool.

    hey doc, EXACTLY.. this is a big problem for me too. I used to get rest under the water pressure. Low pressure shower is useless :( I have no luck..

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, i hope you a happy stay in your new apartment and i'm totally agree with that point of stupid british designers as some how I have problem with their old designed products every day also!

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Dr O2 said…

    :-) well changing the shower might help? Our new one is much more powerful than the last!

    Yet who invented the seperate taps!!??? like what's the use of that!!?? Hot tap in winter, cold in summer!???

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    home sweet home :*

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger jarvenpa said…

    congratulations (belatedly) on your presentation and success, Kimia.

    And it is good you like your new roommates--I think probably having good people around is more important than an excellent shower.

    (but then, where I live, I must heat water on a stove to wash my hair by pouring it over my head! Even a shower with low pressure would seem very nice to me.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home