My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Two keys on my key chain

A month has passed since the day I left St.john's and it felt like a year for me. I made the big decision and I finally followed my heart and interest for the first time in my life. I quit the doctorate program and came down in Louisiana to experience a totally different life.
There was this job opportunity that I had talked about before. They accepted me quickly not only as an employee but as a member of their family. It is a small company designing mostly tug boats and I believe working here is a challenging job and I am going to learn a lot in a short time because there are not so many people here and one person does all the parts of one project so I am gonna learn not only the structure but also piping, machinery, construction, hull design and so on. I can confidently say I love to work with them. If I'll be able to secure working Visa here in states, I will stay.
I am now happy with the situation but I must say that the city sucks. Here is a small ugly dead city. Without car, you are helpless. The distances are far and no public transportation whatsoever. You never see a walking person, even in the street intersections there is no light for pedestrian. No road for bikes and people drive very careless to the bikers. There is no school in the city that's why I think it is city for old people. Not many young people around. No activity is going on in the city and it is just so boring. I don't believe if I can eventually find any friend here. It is so hard to make contact out of school; absolutely no way to meet people. I don't know maybe I am too much disappointed. I can't even find a dancing class.
Anyways, I must not be negative. The weather is gorgeous here though, just the way I love. Cloudy warm with everyday summer rain which cools down the evening. They say in the August, it is gonna be intolerable but I don't believe. I am Booshehr's girl though.
Working hours is 7 in the morning till 5 pm. I am serious; my friend told me welcome to the United States when I said it surprisingly.
Good news is I bought a Laptop and that's what I wanted so badly for two years but I couldn't figure enough reasoning to buy one. I named it "My buddy".

The two keys are for my home and my bike :D

7 Comments:

  • At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    چه خوب که همه چیز خوب پیش میره. امیدوارم بهتر هم بشه. به هر حال هیچ جا ایده‌آل نیست، ولی هر جایی یک تجربه‌ی جدید هست. راستی اشکالی نداره که من اینجا فارسی می‌نویسم؟

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Kimia said…

    You just write to me, no matter which language it is :)

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That must have been a horrible town! Where was it? Louisiana? never heared can find such places in Louisiana;But it's a great for horror movie photography I think!

    By the way, I love country music too, and I totally agree with the idea of the stories behind every song. For exampel, ClayWalker's The Chain of Love is not a brilliant song as a musical point, but when combined with an excellent story, it becomes a great song!

    Reza!
    www.ToCrossTheStyx.com

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Kimia said…

    Hi Reza,
    Thanks for stoping by my blog. yet the city is not as bad as you said :) a little better.
    I will write some more about the city later then you will have better picture. People are so beautiful here that makes me feel somehow good even about the city. :)
    I love that song and I discovered a lot of very nice stories in David Ball's songs :) Check Private melon ..

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The way you described Louisiana"the noiselessness,no walking person" are things I am looking for but in vain!

    That's why they say" somebody's honey is another one's poison" or something like that.I am sure by now you have found the "right" people to get along with;)

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Frank said…

    I was the "absentminded"anonymous again!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Hydra said…

    hi kimia,

    nice to hear that you´ve got the job. good luck with the change and the challange, and happy cycling through out th eyear!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home