My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Sunday, August 06, 2006

My trip to the States-part II

We had a trip to Boston planned for the day after, so I had to be there by then. I started to yell at my sister on the phone, although I knew it wasn't her fault that the weather was stormy. I was angry and totally manifested it to her; that's why she came up with the idea of trying to get a bus which would never cross my mind in that situation.
The airport of Toronto is a huge place, with no sign and no one around who knows where is where; I found the bus information anyway and I got very happy when the lady said the bus was gonna leave within an hour.
I was a little worried about my passport because I had a one-entry visa to the States and in the morning the officer voided it. I was concerned about what was gonna happen in the border but I was smiling cause I was finally on my way.
I sat in the front seat and started to really enjoy my trip. The driver was very cool and we talked about football, all the members of his family and my family and politics and Newfoundland all the way. Besides, the road was very beautiful. I finally reached Detroit at 11 pm. I passed the border with no problems.
Yousef picked me up and we went to see Sahar practicing her music at the school late night that night. She still has her kind comforting look as she has always had. I recalled the time two years ago that she and her mom came to see me goodbye early in the morning when my eyes was tearful and I was so scared to leave home.

Ann Arbor is a pretty college town and it's full of young people; that's what I liked about it. I walked in the city the day after my arrival and checked out some old buildings; the city was absolutely alive and colorful; I really enjoyed myself. At night, we went to a bar where I finally got to see the mysterious dude and indeed, (alhagh ke), he was just as good looking and decent as his pictures.
The four of us had planned to go to Baltimore by car and then 2 other guys would join us on the way to Boston. In the morning when we were ready to leave, another friend of them showed up with his car who wanted to visit his aunt in DC; he stole one of our partners meekly and we drove to Baltimore in two cars; I was cursing him inside. Not even half way through, Yousef received a telephone call and surprisingly he had to drive back home for some reason. So we ended up in the other car for the rest of the trip. I was so ashamed of myself because of those unjust curses. I don't know what we would have done if he hadn't been with us.
We arrived in Baltimore that evening and what a gorgeous city it was. The first big city of the States that I saw, and it was awesome. Tall buildings and a huge stadium caught my eyes. The guy who lived in Baltimore was patient enough to give us a nice tour of the city, downtown and the amazing harbor. I wished we could stay there more than one night.
Next morning Yousef caught up with us by plane and we rented a van and headed toward Boston all together.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger Dr O2 said…

    you are a true Marco Polo these days!! tryin all sortta transportation n stuff!!

    Boston is the city I like for it's NBA team. I have been a Celtix fan since 1988!

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    خوش به حال‌تون! پس کلی دنیاگردی کردین :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home