My 5hip

This is my ship. Her name is Magic. I am the shipmaster. Welcome aboard :)

Saturday, August 26, 2006

One more month

I was so excited when the lawyer said the approval of my work permit will be here in two weeks and I planned my trip back to Canada in order to exit the States and enter again with a fully legal status for making money. Then I could get a driving license, rent an apartment, buy a car and stop living like a traveler. Now, they have returned my documents and asked for a hundred extra evidences. My flights, my appointment with US embassy and most importantly my wishes to see some familiar faces after 2 two months are ruined and I am haunted by anxiety about not being able to get this freaking permit.

Every job related to the US government is just a pain in somewhere. Paper work is so slow, totally different than Canada more like Iran. Bank is an example. In Canada, when you enter to the bank someone receives you and guide you to a well-dressed (suit-wearn) handsome man or woman while they all smiling at you. When you want to open an account they have you in a private room with coffee and cookie and they explain every thing to you and once you opened the account you are gonna have your debit card in hand the same day and the online service is available to do whatever transaction you wish to do. Believe me, you get uncomfortable as much that they respect you. Here, when you go to the bank they behave like you are a piece of a shit, "sit here", " sign this"," read this" and "wait three weeks until you get your debit card" and after three weeks you are still calling them seeking for the card which is lost in the post somewhere or there had been something wrong with the order and they had to do it again. Their online service is ridiculous. They killed the dragon and now you can only see on the website what your balance is, nothing more. Every state has its own banks and you won't find a branch of your bank in another state and remember every transaction between banks has charges.

Same happens for post. I sent a certified mail to my cousin in Florida. It is now 5 weeks, and it neither returned to me nor arrived to the destination. When I tracked it said it returned to the sender because of some problems 3 weeks ago. Only god knows where my poor letter is.

Joseph, my colleague, says we put all the slow dumb people to work for government so that they won’t bother us.

The gorgeous weather of here makes me crazy. Summer rain brings the smell of love and life to me. I can forget and forgive all my madness in a second when I breathe this air. I sure am a loving person; I wish I could show it better and stop looking like a rigid angry girl.

When I go out with my colleague, he never let me pay a cent. He says: “welcome to the south”. I hope that doesn’t make any expectation.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    سلام، یعنی همه‌ی جای آمریکا کار دولتی همین‌جوره یا ایالتی که شما هستید؟ ولی خوب این طور که همکار شما گفته، کار دولتی در آمریکا به درد من می‌خوره :)). دیدم چند روزی هست که در وبلاگم کامنت نگذاشتین، به همین خاطر اومدم بگم: «وبلاگ خوبی داری، به من هم سر بزن» ا

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    آه، راستی! به نظر می‌آد تعداد پست‌های شما به یکی در هفته، و آن هم شنبه‌ها محدود شده. درسته؟

     
  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger Kimia said…

    Well, I haven't been in all the states but I believe they are not much different.
    By the way, don't worry I never miss any post from your blog.

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ممنون :)

     
  • At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    باز اشتباه شد :(. این ناشناس من بودم

     

Post a Comment

<< Home